Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Swing of Things

I’ve had about a month to settle back in here in White River and it’s taking me longer than I anticipated. Everything is different from before the Holidays. I’m living in a new place, basically started a new job, and I’ve been surrounded by people I don’t know since I arrived. If you know me at all, you know I don’t take change very well or particularly gracefully. I get panic attacks and become overwhelmed easily. I don’t normally have a problem with strangers, but when I live, eat, and breathe with them I struggle until I’ve broken through in relationship and they are no longer strange and unfamiliar to me.

I’m good at hiding it or at least I used to be, but sometimes I surprise even myself with my insecurities. But I think this is all part of the process. God likes to play with my comfort zone constantly stretching me and not allowing me to stagnate in my protective bubble. It’s difficult and I have been known to get angry at God for it. Calling him names and grumbling, but in the end I’m grateful he cares enough to shake me up and piss me off.

So I’m posting a few pictures below of the various changes going on in my life.
I’m on staff with our Discipleship Training School, which started on January 10th. I’m loving it, but yes it’s stretching me in unforeseen ways. The students are all very unique and their personalities are pretty awesome. I’m grateful for the chance to get to know them, watch them grow, and be able to speak into their lives.
From Blogger Pictures


And here are some pics of my new place. It’s a great little studio apartment and at the moment I have it all to myself but that may change at some point.
From Blogger Pictures

From Blogger Pictures

From Blogger Pictures

No comments: