Sunday, February 8, 2009

Please Pray

Dear Friends and Family,

Living the life of a missionary challenges me on more than one level. I’ve had to sacrifice a lot of my comforts and put obedience to God above my idea of where I want to be in life. Saying goodbye to my family with no real idea of when I might see them again is a sacrifice and a struggle. All these things I’ve learned to deal with and have even gotten to the point where they are no longer strictly obedience, but because of my newfound love for Africa I find joy in laying these things down.

One aspect of my life I continue to struggle with sacrificing is my pride in relation to money. I have a hard time asking for funds. I’d like to say that I have faith that could move mountains and that I find it easy to rely on God for my day-to-day living expenses, but I’d be lying, big time. Raising money is one of the hardest things He asks me to do, but I’m doing it and trying not to let fear rule my life.

From South Africa


So I’m asking for you to take a moment and pray about giving. There are two different areas I need prayer for:

1) I am moving toward buying a car and am asking for $3,000. After living here for almost a year, I’ve realized how much more effective I can be in the communities if I am able to provide transport. It’s difficult for me to get around, as the public transport is very dangerous for non-Africans and especially females.

2) I am still in need of regular monthly support. This goes toward my daily living costs such as food and rent.
If either of these requests strikes a cord in you, please send me an email! Thank you so much for all your prayers and support thus far. I couldn’t do this without the love and understanding of my family and friends.

His Love,

Brittany Deniston

For tax deductible donations:
170 S Madison
Spokane, WA 99201
-Make check out to The City Gate and put my name in the ‘Memo’ line.

Otherwise:

Brittany Deniston
2309 W Stratton Ave
Spokane, WA 99208

No comments: