Sunday, February 22, 2009

Forever Learning

The last month in a half or so, I’ve been sitting in on the DTS [Discipleship Training School] lectures and have even been given the chance to teach a little myself. I don’t know what I expected, but I guess in my arrogance I put myself on a pedestal and subconsciously thought that since the teachings weren’t for me, that God wouldn’t speak to me through them, as if I have nothing new to learn. It’s been an interesting slap in the face, a wakeup call I didn’t even know I needed. When it comes to the mystery that is God, I will forever remain a student and there is a world or excitement and freedom in that.

In a little over a month, our DTS leaves for Uganda for a two month outreach working with orphaned and vulnerable children. I am co-leading the outreach with my good friend David Song and I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Please keep us in your prayers as we finalize details and prep our team.

Here are some pictures of our students:
Monique and Laura [American]
From Blogger Pictures

Stanley [South African]
From Blogger Pictures

Eunice and her baby Sandy [South African]
From Blogger Pictures

Jocelyn [American]
From Blogger Pictures

And the last two are a married couple, John and Carla, both from the U.S.
From Blogger Pictures

From Blogger Pictures


God is leading me to strange places, places I never would have thought to go. It reminds me that my plans are not His and even though it is a process I am learning to rest in Him and not worry so much about the future. Besides, God has so much cooler plans than I could ever dream up on my own! Africa had never been on my agenda until He came and messed everything up. I’m so grateful.

1 comment:

John, Carla & Rae Shaw said...

I'm glad God "messed up" your plans too! I love being here with you & appreciate your openness & vulnerability. It speaks volumes & helps people to grow. Thank you for being you!
Love ya!