Monday, July 12, 2010

Speak to Me

I love how God speaks to us all in so many different ways. He is creative, diverse, and unpredictable. Lyrics, lines from movies and books often speak to me when I least expect it.

This is a song that has really inspired me lately.

"I know I need you,
I need to love you
I love to see you, but it's been so long
I long to feel you
I feel this need for you
and I need to hear you
is that so wrong?

Now you pulled me near you
when we're close I fear you
still I'm afraid to tell you
all that I've done
Are you done forgiving?
or can you look pass my pretending?
Lord, I'm so tired of defending
what I've become
what have I become?



I hear you say . . .

My love is over,
it's underneath, it's inside, it's in between
the times you doubt me, when you can't feel
the times that you've questioned 'is this for real?'
the times you've broken, the times that you mend
the times you hate me, and the times that you bend.

Well my love is over, it's underneath
it's inside, it's in between,
these times you're healing
and when your heart breaks
the times that you feel like you've fallen from grace
the times you're hurting
the times that you heal
the times you go hungry and are tempted to steal

In times of confusion, chaos, and pain
I'm there in your sorrow under the weight of your shame
I'm there through your heartache
I'm there in the storm
My love I will keep you by My power alone
I don't care where you've fallen, where you have been
I'll never forsake you
My love never ends, it never ends"

- Tenth Avenue North 'Times'

No comments: