Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Overwhelmed

Three weeks from today, I will find myself on a plane leaving South Africa. I am filled with random thoughts and feelings. Sorrow for everything and everyone I will miss. Excitement for the future and to see my family and friends at home again. Nervousness for such a huge life change.



These next few weeks will be spent organizing, packing, and spending as much time as possible with my friends here, soaking in their presence and telling stories of the past few years together. It's such a different view from the other side. I'm used to watching people come and go from here, but now that I'm the one leaving I find myself off kilter and unable to come up with the right words.

How do you say goodbye to people you love so much when you have no idea when you'll meet again?

No comments: