Monday, February 1, 2010

My Blessing

Sometimes a girl just gets lucky. Or blessed really.

When my roommate Hayley first joined us and moved into our little cottage, I didn't know what to think. We seemed very different and honestly I had a very hard time with the idea of sharing space with some random stranger.



Hayley is one of those people who seems to always have a positive attitude. As a natural pessimist, this annoyed me. She has her little quirks, like the 20 to-do lists she writes for herself every day at the top of which she always puts 'wake' like maybe she'll forget one day. Or how she brushes her teeth 10 times every day. Or her piles of random, useless papers on the counter.



But I've grown to love her quirks and her personality. And while the first thing she does when she rolls out of bed is cross 'wake' off of her list, the second is always to make the first pot of coffee. And I love how she gives me head rubs when we watch Friends at night. I love that I can keep the light on after she's gone to sleep and it doesn't bother her. And how we can talk about everything and nothing and laugh the whole time.



So while I may have been hesitant at first, Hayley has become my greatest blessing since moving to South Africa. She has become family and I wouldn't trade her for the world.

1 comment:

Hayley Nicholls said...

ahhhhh thanks :)
even though I told you, you better never ever post anything about me...I guess I'll let it slide this time.
(post something on Britt's blog...CHECK)